The ChildcareAlive! training provides tips for introducing healthy foods and for leading active play. This training is intended for providers in any setting, whether in a home or in a center. The training, like the curriculum, is primarily for providers who serve children 2–5 years old.
By attending this training, you will receive:
- 2 training hours (approved by both Growing Futures and MNCPD/Achieve)
- A bound copy of the ChildcareAlive! Curriculum
- Opportunity to sign up for on-site demonstration visits and coaching (for Cass (ND) and Clay (MN) County providers only)
- Opportunity to apply for FREE active play and nutrition resources (valued at $150)
Note: Training also meets the annual requirement for the Physical Activity Health Code for centers in Fargo and West Fargo.
Upcoming Trainings and Registration Info
Check back soon for Spring 2018 Training Info.
A limited number of Active Play/Nutrition Resource Prize Packages (valued at about $150) are available for eligible providers in Cass (ND) and Clay (MN) who complete an application AND the following:
- Attend a ChildcareAlive! Training
- Complete and submit a Provider Pre-Assessment (done at training)
- Participate in on-site or e-coaching visits
- Try at least one ChildcareAlive! activity in your program/classroom, and complete a Reflection Page
- Complete and submit a Provider Post-Assessment
Once all of the above requirements are met, providers will be sent a Prize Package application.
- Family/Group Providers: May receive a maximum of one prize package.
- Centers (or Group Facilities): May receive one package per classroom, up to 3 classrooms per site.
- Priority will be given to providers and programs who have not participated in ChildcareAlive! since 2013. If resources still remain after these providers have received their packages, other applications will be considered, including those who have previously participated in ChildcareAlive!
- Only providers in Cass (ND) and Clay (MN) Counties are eligible to sign up for coaching visits and prize packages.